is a specialized toolkit for media transportation system simulation such as printers, copiers, harness es, within a 2D environment.
RecurDyn/MTT2D (Media Transport Toolkit 2D) helps you efficiently create and simulate a sophisticated model of flexible media being transported by a mechanical system in a 2D environment. The simulation speed is very fast when 2D analysis, and it is effective enough for models whose 3D behavior is not considered important. This toolkit can be used for simulation of copiers, printers, ATMs, etc. that handle media such as paper and film. Simulation using this media transport toolkit is widely used by many global companies related to printing equipments such as printers, copiers.
MTT2D offers a range of features for Media transpotation system such as printers, copiers, harnesses.
- Automated modeling functions for Sheet, Roller and Guide
- Fast and accurate solver specialized for 2D media transportation system like printers/copy machines
Modeling of the folding sheet with initial curl:
- Sheet generation from a curve geometry
- Automatic contact definition among Sheet, Roller and Guide
- Friction characteristics
- Various sensors (Distance, Speed, Event (On/Off))
- Air resistance force and static electricity can be modeled using Nodal force
- Automatic generation of the guides from CAD geometry (STEP, IGES)
- Special parametric values provide access to important design parameters
- Automatic generation of relevant outputs for a sheet feeding system simulation
- Guide Velocity and Soft-Nip model
Easy MTT2D Generation and Simulation Using RecurDyn/MTT2D
Here are the diverse benefits of MTT2D for media transportation system simulation (printers, copy machines, ...)
- Simulate the 2D movement of a sheet through a media path easily
- Applications include devices such as a printer, copier, fax, or other sheet and film feeding products
Analyze the behavior of the flexible media with the large deformation
- Analyze the cause of the malfunctions such as jamming
Use various sets of the basic properties of the media
- Basis weight (or mass), size, bending property, etc.
- Predict the dynamic torque applied to the system
Evaluation of the different characteristics of the sheet due to temperature and humidity extremes
- Frictional properties (Sheet-Sheet, Sheet-Roller, Sheet-Guide)
- Electrical properties (Nodal force can be used)
Various operating conditions of the complex system can be evaluated
- Different rotating speeds of the driving rollers and the driven rollers
- Roller control with timing diagram (On/Off, acceleration/deceleration)
Copier layout design using MTT2D
Examples of Media Transport Simulation
- Office equipment such as a printer, copier and fax machine
- ATM, Bill counter
* MTT2D is widely used not only for printer and copier simulations but also for ATM and FAX simulations.
* Major printer and copier manufacturers around the world utilize MTT2D simulation in their product design.