RecurDyn/TrackLM (Track Low Mobility) gives the ability to simulate construction-style tracked vehicles such as excavators, dozers, and tractors. The track assembly simulation toolkit supports the easy creation of track links, sprockets, rollers, idlers and link. Also, graphical design of sprocket teeth profile and grouser of the track link is supported.
TrackLM is a fast, accurate, and user-friendly track simulation toolkit, often used for the simulation of construction machinery, including:
- The simulation of track behavior
- The simulation of excavator operations
- The simulation of dozer
Tractor simulation using RecurDyn/TrackLM
Graphical user interface for easy and fast modeling and simulation of track assembly for construction machinery
- Fast and accurate simulation solver specialized for track assembly
- Various libraries of custom 3D geometric entities for low mobility tracked vehicle
Graphical design of sprocket teeth profile (lines and arcs) and track link grouser profile (line segments)
- Automated track assembly modeling
- Efficient contact algorithms yield fast, robust simulations
- Easy creation of terrains, with a library of standard proving grounds
The subsystem capability allows for the separate creation and simulation of each track assembly, followed by their integration into a single tracked vehicle model for comprehensive simulation.
- Soil modeling with Bekkers theory
- Track link can be converted into flexible body for MFBD simulation
- Plotting of specific results such as track link contact forces and track tension
Easy Track Generation and Simulation Using RecurDyn/TrackLM
- Easy and fast modeling and simulation of tracked vehicles such as excavators, dozers and tractors
Calculate dynamic load history for stress and fatigue analysis
Study dynamic performance of construction machinery
- Evaluation of the ride quality, the crew comfort, and the safety
- Observe vibration due to discrete track links
- See separation of track link from sprocket and idler
- Use library with various terrains (bump, trench, ditch, cross country)
- Sprocket teeth profile design
Grouser shape design
- Optimize suspension spring rates, damping and controller (whether passive, semi-active, or active)
- Optimize track tensioner to stabilize tension
- Construction equipment: excavator, dozer, tractor, crawler, crane, track loader, ...
Simulation of an axcavator - track assembly in motion
Simulation of compact track loader
This video demonstrates how to create a track assembly using RecurDyn, which is commonly employed in the construction machinery, including excavators, tractors, and track loaders.