RecurDyn/CoLink is a powerful, flexible, and efficient controls design and simulation tool. Control systems are designed graphically using block modeling. (1D CAE) RecurDyn can be coupled with CoLink, using RecurDyn as a plant model for the control system.
CoLink has a large library of electronic controller components. It has a very simple and intuitive user interface to enable very rapid development of sophisticated control systems.CoLink is highly extensible. Control blocks can be customized using the C programming language.
Control systems modeled using CoLink execute extremely efficiently. CoLink is tightly coupled with RecurDyn at the formulation level. Unlike co-simulation, CoLink can be simulated with RecurDyn more efficiently than co-simulation between other 1D CAE software and other multibody software.
CoLink, a control system simulator integrated into RecurDyn, allows the user to model complicated control systems, electrical systems and hydraulic systems. It also provides a platform for the mechatronics system, an integrated analysis of firmware design, electronics design and mechanical system design by coupling RecurDyn.
- Controls engineers can efficiently test control algorithms early in the design process with highly nonlinear dynamic models.
- Mechanical systems may include control systems (whether electronic, hydraulic, etc.).
- The mechanical engineer and the controls engineer can join their independent design models.
- Controls engineers may struggle to develop robust controllers early in the design process because of the difficulty in constructing nonlinear dynamic models within controls software.
- These difficulties can be avoided by simultaneously developing the mechanical model in RecurDyn and the control system in CoLink.
- All mechanical components and constraints are modeled with Multi-Body Dynamics model of RecurDyn.
- The control system can be modeled easily in CoLink.
- Plant (RecurDyn) outputs are passed from RecurDyn to CoLink and Control outputs are passed from CoLink to RecurDyn (it is possible to use a constant sampling rate)
CoLink VS. Co-simulation Method
|Accuracy||The accuracy of analysis result is high because of integrated analysis.||The accuracy of analysis result is low because data is exchanged at the sampling time only.|
|Speed||The analysis speed is very fast because CoLink uses the integrated solver.||The analysis speed is slow because of the communication time between different software.|
|UI||The Parametric Value defined by RecuDyn can be used in the CoLink model.||The data between the softwares is not interoperable.|
Various Features of CoLink
Modeling of a complicated mechatronic system can be easily performed because it is possible to represent a control system with a logical block diagram. The data transfer between the controller and the mechanical system is clearly defined.
Frequently used block libraries in the electrical / electronic / control system are provided to allow the user to easily create a complicated controller.
- An integrated solver can simultaneously analyze the dynamic model and the controller as a continuous system and provide a fast and accurate analysis.
- A discrete system can also be analyzed by co-simulation (A CoLink model with no connection with a RecurDyn model can be also analyzed).
- It is possible to verify the complex lifting behavior in an agricultural attachment with a hydraulic cylinder in advance.
- This was done using co-simulation between RecurDyn and SimulationX (1D-CAE Software) using FMI.